Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Monday's underdogs put on a great showing, but we had no hounds in the hunt. The 7-dog trial resumes today, mostly on ice.

_
Monday's 50% DWR is a number that does not come along often enough, but I have no regrets about sitting the day out.

Most days bring one or two really surprising upsets - upsetting and surprising to everyone but the bookies, probably! - and there's no sense in lusting after long-odds paybacks.

But each day I become more convinced that risking good money on propositions that return less than even money (or less than 110% according to my most recent analyses) is not a good plan.

I updated the InvestaPick summaries today, and note that the service's selection method has win rates ranging from 47% to 51.5% to date, all of them much higher than my 45% target.

Trouble is, many of IP's bets are at -110 or less and so returns are not as dramatic as they need to be, in my opinion.

Not that there is anything wrong with a relatively safe investment option that pays "interest" exceeding 100% a year, mind you.

I am just not happy with a method that pushes bets all the way from $25 to $1,700 and then accepts a slump-ending win that leaves $170 in prior losses unrecovered.

That said, someone must be making money the IP way - someone other than the operators of the service, that is - or presumably there would be no IP for me to study and learn from.

I will post more information about InvestaPick and my ongoing "range-finding" efforts later this week.

In the meantime, here's the latest on the 7-dog trial front:-





An important reminder: The only person likely to make money out of this blog is you, Dear Reader. There's nothing to buy, ever, and your soul is safe (from me, at least). Test my ideas and use them or don't. It's up to you.
_

No comments: